Might & Magic Vi: Screen Flickering
I am trying to run M&M VI (Mandate of Heaven) on my Mac OS X 10.8.2 (Mountain Lion).
Having DL'ed the game from GOG (in a Six-pack with all the older games), I created a WS9Wine 1.5.21 in Wineskin 2.5.8
PROBLEM - constant flickering on the top of screen !!!
- M&M VI will start, however the intro screens (3DO logo, intro movie) are un-viewable. Most of the menu screen is visible except the top, where constant flickering appears. The character generation screen is almost not visible. When the game starts, I can move around and everything but the top of the screen is very annoying - flickering etc.
THIS IS WHAT I HAVE TRIED:
- Updated wrapper (twice!)
- Used different versions of wrappers: 1.4, 1.5.1. 1.5.21 - game would not start
- WINESKIN - ADVANCED - SCREEN OPTONS - Un-checked "decorate windows" - no change
- WINESKIN - ADVANCED - SCREEN OPTONS - Un-checked "Auto detect GPU" - no change
- WINETOOLS - Configutilities - Application - changed windows version to 1) 98 2) 95 - no change
- WINETOOLS - Configutilities - Graphics - "emulate virtual desktop" - Set resolution to 640*480 - no change
- WINETRICKS - Ran the gdiplus (dlls) file - no change
Im sure this game works with WINE - but Im at a loss here of what to do...any help would be greatly appreciated!