I'm planning on making a new website to replace this one... please see the following forum post for info and to offer input.
Wineskin 2.6.2 Minor update is available as an update in Wineskin Winery.
This should fix Winetricks to be able to update correctly in El Capitan.
I just posted 2 new engines with the latest updates for Wine source, and for Crossover Wine source (WS9Wine1.7.52 and WS9WineCX14.1.10). You should find them for download in Wineskin Winery.
I've released an update for Wineskin... version 2.6.1.
I think I've fixed all the El Capitan bugs and it should work fine on 10.6 - 10.11 now.
* important point. This has to change how an engine is installed in a wrapper slightly. If you update a wrapper to 2.6.1 and it does not work right, please reinstall the engine in the wrapper. You can just use Change Engine and install the same one back in, but it will install it correctly for 2.6.1 and then things should work right. Newly made wrappers should have no issues.
Please test 2.6.1 and let me know of any issues. I'll try to fix any new issues that may be found for a 2.6.2 soon if its needed.
You'll be able to get 2.6.1 in Wineskin Winery as an updated wrapper.
Sorry for the long delay, and not having these issues fixed before El Capitan was released.
If you get stuck with a wrapper that just goes "Cannot be opened" then Right click in the wrapper and select Open the first time you run it.
Wineskin does not currently work correctly on El Capitan. The issue is being looked into, but I have no ETA for a fix. I'll get a fix out as soon as I can.
Some people have been able to upgrade to the latest version of XQuartz, and change their wrappers to use XQuartz and not WineskinX11 and have gotten wrappers to work, but this method has not worked for everyone.
Please add to the discussion here if you are helping find a solution.
I've had a delay for a few months getting engines out for new Wine versions. I'll try to keep up with these better in the future.
I've added to Winery all the missed Wine versions up through the current 1.7.35.
I do not yet have these packaged for manual install, they are only available through Winery. I'll get those up when I get my main development machine working on Yosemite correctly, since I need that in order to do Apple's new version of code signatures.
Wineskin 2.6.0 is released today! After a few weeks of testing and bug fixing... I've had no more reports of problems in the last week to prevent a release. Please report any problems ASAP, so minor point update fixes can be released quickly.
- Wineskin.m background daemon (the 'old' brains of the wrapper) has been removed.
- WineskinLauncher has been expanded to control the wrapper better, including everything Wineskin.m used to do.
- The wrapper should no longer double run on every start up, which will fix many issues, like WineskinStartupScript running twice.
- A D3DBoost checkbox has been added in Screen Options in Wineskin.app. This will quickly let you enable/disable the CSMT option for Command Stream in Wine. This is currently only in Wineskin engines marked D3DBoost, and in the WS9WineCX13.1.0 engine. It will be in future Engines when CSMT becomes standard in Wine. If you check this option with an Engine that does not support it, it should have no effect.
- Kill Wineskin Processes button in Wineskin.app will correctly kill processes just for the given wrapper, and clear up the lock file, without affecting other running wrappers (of any type), Wine, or Crossover.
- Kill Wineskin Processes button will also attempt to clear stuck launchd processes for the current running wrapper to clear up 10810 errors.
- Stuck launchd processes for the current running wrapper will try to be removed at wrapper shut down, if any. This is to attempt to prevent 10810 errors.
- Fixed a parsing bug in the Winetricks update function that caused some entries to have the wrong command names and fail to work, such as corefonts and allfonts.
- Fixed a parsing bug in the Winetricks update function that caused some Descriptions to not be in English.
All known issues have been fixed from beta 2. Please find any other problems and let me know so I can get them fixed before release!
Fixes in RC 1
- the Uninstaller button in Wineskin.app should work now if the wrapper was already running when it was pushed.
- Running multiple tools in Wineskin.app should work with the Mac Driver
- Running multiple CustomEXEs should work with the Mac Driver
- Kill Wineskin Processes button will correctly kill processes just for the given wrapper, and clear up the lock file, without affecting other running wrappers of any type.
- Winetricks update should be parsing Descriptions correctly to always get the English version
- The D3DBoost checkmark should function properly now
- Wineskin.app should load much quicker if the set EXE is not found when you try to launch the wrapper.
For list of changes from 2.6.0 beta 1 to beta 2, please see the Beta 2 post
For list of changes from 2.5.12 to 2.6.0 beta, please see the Beta 1 post
Here is Beta 2. Please re-test things that may have been working in Beta 1, as I had to make substantial changes to WineskinLauncher and threading, and how it handles multiple files and re-launches while running.
Wineskin 2.6.0 Beta 2 Download No Longer available, please see... Wineskin 2.6.0 Release Candidate 1 !
Fixes in Beta 2
- Wrapper creation from Winery should work correctly
- Running multiple tools in Wineskin.app should work
- Running multiple CustomEXEs should work
- Opening files in Finder with the wrapper, while the wrapper is already running, should work
- Winetricks GUI is still parsing some information wrong in some descriptions, but doesn't seem to affect functionality.
- Multiple Custom EXE launchers, and buttons in Wineskin.app tools do not run together correctly if the Mac Driver is being used, only WineskinX11 or XQuartz.
For list of changes from 2.5.12 to 2.6.0 beta, please see the Beta 1 post
Here is a beta to test some Wineskin changes. I went ahead and upped the version to 2.6.0 and doing a test release due to some major functionality changes in the wrapper behind the scenes.
Please test this out and let me know of any bugs or other needed features ASAP, so I can make the 2.6.0 release great!
Wineskin 2.6.0 Beta 1 Download No Longer available, please see... Wineskin 2.6.0 Release Candidate 1 !
List of changes
- Wineskin.m background daemon has been merged into WineskinLauncher. Please test thoroughly, including file assocations, and opening the wrapper from Finder, as well as all other functionality and screen options. Wineskin.m used to be the main brains of the wrapper, so a lot had to change to get it working inside of WineskinLauncher.
- A D3DBoost checkbox has been added in Screen Options in Wineskin.app. This will quickly let you enable/disable the CSMT option for Command Stream in Wine. This is currently only in Wineskin engines maked D3DBoost, and in the WS9WineCX13.1.0 engine. It will be in future Wine versions when CSMT becomes standard in Wine.
- Killall Wineskin button in Wineskin.app should work again.
- Killall Wineskin button will also attempt to clear stuck launchd process to clear up 10810 errors.
- Fixed a parsing bug in Winetricks update that caused some entries to have the wrong command names and fail to work, such as corefonts and allfonts.
- Stuck launchd processes will try to be removed at wrapper shut down, if any. This is to attempt to prevent 10810 errors.
- In the git repo, Wineskin.app projoect folder has been renamed from Wineskin to WineskinApp.
- In the git repo, WineskinLauncherAS (the Applescript version of the old Launcher) has been removed.
- In the git repo, Wineskin.m has been removed.